FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Two weeks after AOL gave up controlling interest in its hyperlocal news website network, Patch, new owners Hale Global laid off nearly all of the Connecticut editorial staff and as much as two-thirds of the staff nationally, according to Business Insider.
Business Insider reported that Patch's Connecticut staff has been reduced from about 100 to just five editorial employees.
Patch's nationwide network will reportedly shrink from nearly 1,000 active sites to just 250. The remaining sites will aggregate stories or turn to local bloggers for help, according to the article.
As many as 400 more employees were laid off in the first round of restructuring last August.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Stamford Man Charged In Assault On Darien Girlfriend
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 5 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital