DARIEN, Conn. - Fifty volunteers from local agencies and schools will be honored by the Community Fund of Darien at an annual lunch at the Darien Community Association on Friday, May 16, from noon to 2 p.m. at 274 Middlesex Road, Darien.
The Community Fund will announce the winner of the annual Obie Harrington-Howes Community Spirit Award. The event will also feature local philanthropist Jim Ziolkowski, founder of BuildOn.
Darien volunteers from many different town agencies, local nonprofits and Darien schools will be recognized at this annual event hosted by The Community Fund of Darien. The event is sponsored by Halstead Realty and food is provided by Palmers Market.
The Community Fund of Darien’s mission is to enhance the capacity of the community to care for one another. Our goal is to promote engagement and activism among all residents.
For more information, call Erika Morro at The Community Fund of Darien at (203) 655-8775 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Of Darien, Worked In The Fashion Industry
- 3 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat