DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Arts Center is offer many new kids theater classes for the school 2014-15 year.
The center at 2 Renshaw Road offers a variety of programs in dance, visual arts, music and theater. To see the full catalog online or to register go to darienarts.org or call 203-655-8683 for more information.
Some classes are:
- Myths & Magic: Tuesdays 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. or 1:30 to 2:30 p.m., ages 3-4. Starts September 2. This interactive class takes roots in the oldest form of theatre, storytelling.
- Kids' Theatre, Storytelling through the Art of Improv: Tuesdays 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. or 4:45 to 5:45 p.m., grades K-2. Starts Sept. 2. Understanding how to construct and explore a story through intuition, spontaneity, awareness and truth. Improv fosters creativity confidence and communication skills.
- Musical Theatre, Scenes & Songs: Tuesdays 5:45 to 7 p.m., grades 4-6. Starts Sept. 2. Analyze the lyrics of popular Broadway songs and put the proper emotion to them.
- Musical Theatre, Scene into Song: Tuesdays 7 to 8:15 p.m., grades 7+. Starts Sept. 2. Explore popular Broadway songs and the scenes that set them up.
Founded in 1975, the Darien Arts Center (DAC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing visual and performing arts programs and events for the community.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line