DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Arts Center will hold auditions for its spring production of "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown," on Monday, Feb. 8 and Wednesday, Feb. 10.
The center is looking for several adults, ages 21 and older to be cast for the production, which will be directed by Peter Green and will run on weekends from April 22 through May 7.
The play is a collection of short scenes and songs based on the Peanuts comic strip, originally created in 1967. The DAC Stage production will use the 1998 Broadway revival version’s score and script.
Parts to be cast include:
- Charlie Brown - His main characteristics are either self-defeating stubbornness or admirable determined persistence to try his best against all odds.
- Lucy Van Pelt - She has the persona of a bossy, crabby, manipulative and selfish girl who thrives on telling everyone something.
- Snoopy - His character is that of a dog who pretends to be a person (or who sometimes forgets he is a dog). This performer should be able to dance, or at least to ‘move really well.’ Tap would be helpful.
- Schroeder - He is distinguished by his precocious skill at playing the toy piano, as well as by his love of classical music and the composer Ludwig van Beethoven in particular.
- Linus Van Pelt - Though young, Linus is unusually smart and acts as the show’s philosopher. Despite Linus' intelligence and mature vocabulary, he has juvenile aspects.
- Sally Brown - Innocent and adorable at first glance, she is noticeably intelligent for her age and driven to succeed.
Rehearsals are two weeknights and one weekend day per week beginning Feb. 23. Performances are April 22, 23, 29, 30 and May 6 and 7 at 8 p.m., and April 24 and May 1 at 2 p.m.
The DAC Weatherstone Studio is located at 2 Renshaw Road, behind Darien Town Hall. For more information about auditions, contact the director, Peter Green at email@example.com or (914) 414-1226.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.