DARIEN, Conn. -- Restaurants, grocers and firefighters from Darien will show off their cooking skills at the Fourth Annual Chili Challenge on Saturday hosted by the Darien Nature Center.
The competitors will be,
- Darien Firehouse
- Noroton Firehouse
- Noroton Heights Firehouse
- Abello’s Deli
- Bodega Taco Bar
- Darien Diner
- Darien Social
- Fjord Fish Market
- Jimmy’s Southside Tavern
- Michael Joseph’s Catering
- Rory’s Restaurant
- Ten Twenty Post
- Whole Foods
This years judges are Amanda Smith of Amanda Smith Caterers, Megan Ruppenstein of Four Forks, Rob Williamson of Uncle’s Deli, and First Selectman Jayme Stevenson.
Guests will get to sample unique chili recipes and take part in a other activities, including:
- Dancing to live music courtesy of the Truck Stop Troubadours
- A silent auction featuring items and packages
- Spirits, games, and a mechanical bull
- Food for everyone, including vegetarian and fish options
- Additional culinary tastings from the Darien Cheese Shop and El Placerito Taco Truck
The Sept. 17 event takes place place from 7-10 p.m. Tickets are $135 in advance for all you can eat chili, along with beer, wine, and margaritas as well as additional food.
Tickets can be purchased online here or by calling the Nature Center at (203) 655-7459.
The Darien Nature Center is located at 120 Brookside Road.