DARIEN, Conn. - The Darien Historical Society traces the evolution of wedding fashion over the ages in an exhibit called “Here Come the Brides – Grace and Elegance – 1855 to 1950.”
A cocktail reception will be held to meet the curator, Babs White, who will offer up her in-depth knowledge about the 21 wedding gowns and their owners. The reception will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, May 8, at the Historical Society.
Tickets cost $20 for members and $25 for nonmembers.
Additional event includes gallery talk led by the curator and a coffee and sweets reception on Wednesday, May 21, at 9:30 a.m. Tickets are $10 for members and $15 for nonmembers.
The Darien Historical Society is located at 45 Old King's Highway. For more information, visit the website or call 203-655-9233.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Darien Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Darien; Blizzard Warning Issued