DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Historical Society will present an exquisite costume exhibit of wedding gowns from its collection, showcasing beautiful fabrics and elaborate bridal designs through the decades.
"Here Come the Brides, Grace & Elegance 1855-1950," will run from April 27 through the end of August. Exhibit hours are noon to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays.
A kick-off champagne reception will be held on Friday, April 25, from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $50 for members and $60 for non-members. To purchase tickets, call 203-655-9233 or visit the Darien Historical Society website.
Sponsors of this event are A Little Something White Bridal Couture, Baywater Properties and Darien Rowayton Bank with in kind sponsors Palmer’s Market and Flowers & Flowers.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Darien
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Darien
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Box With $140K In Belongings Stolen From Couple Moving To Darien