DARIEN, Conn. - Join historian Mark Albertson as he gives a talk that concentrates on such facets as nationalism and the rise of Italy and Germany, while including the movements that worked to undermine the regal system in Europe from the French Revolution to 1914 and bring on World War I. The lecture will be on Wednesday, May 14, at 7 p.m. at the Darien Library.
Mark Albertson is a historian for the Army Aviation Association of America and writer for the periodical Army Aviation magazine. He has authored several books on the history of World War I.
This event is part of Darien Library’s sixth annual One Book, One Community reading experience. The book selected for the town-wide read is "TransAtlantic" by Colum McCann. The book selected for young readers is "Born to Fly" by Michael Ferrari.
The Darien Library is at 1441 Post Road. Call 203-655-1234 or visit the website for more information.
- 1 Darien Goalie Takes North Carolina To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 2 Population Grows In Darien, All Of Fairfield County
- 3 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 4 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 5 Darien Names Navy Vet Chris Pintauro As Memorial Day Speaker