DARIEN, Conn. – Spice up your life as the Darien Library hosts a salsa-making competition at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 14, with special guests judging salsas submitted by amateur chefs.
After the contest, Mariachi Flor de Toloache, an all-female band from New York City, will play traditional mariachi instruments – guitars, guitarrons, trumpets, vihuelas and violins.
Three judges – Kristien and Dan Del Ferraro of OmNomCt.com and Meg Spicer of the Darien News – will sample the salsa, but makers should also bring enough for the crowd to try. Chips will be provided for all.
Two $100 prizes will be given – one for adults and another for children 12 and under.
The Darien Library is located at 1441 Post Road. Call 203-655-1234 or visit the website for more information.
Additional parking for the library’s evening and weekend programs is available on Thorndal Circle, behind Nielsen’s Florist.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Darien Businesswoman Applauds 40 Years Of WoodenBoat Magazine