DARIEN, Conn. – Darien Library is showing “The Face of Love,” a 2013 release, at 1 p.m. Aug. 20. The screening is part of the library’s monthly Wednesday Matinee series.
Annette Bening stars in the movie as Nikki, the five-year widow of Garrett (played by Ed Harris). She meets Tom, who seems to be a duplicate to Garrett, in both physical attributes and in personality and his passions.
The relationship grows between Nikki and Tom, but she is unable to tell him why she was attracted to him in the first place. As the story unfolds, however, it becomes evident that the truth with come out eventually.
“Ms. Bening … immediately [makes] this woman come so satisfyingly alive, breathing believable vitality and, at times, contradictory emotions into what might have otherwise registered as a blur,” Manohla Dargis commented in The New York Times.
The Darien Library is located at 1441 Post Road. Call 203-655-1234 or visit the website at www.darienlibrary.org for more information.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy