DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Police Department will host a blood drive on Thursday, May 8, in memory of Officer Kenneth Bateman Jr. at the Piedmont Club from 9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Bateman was a Darien Police officer when he was shot to death while responding to a burglary call in 1981.
To participate, go to redcrossblood.org or call 1-800 Red Cross to make an appointment.
The Piedmont Club is at 152 Hecker Ave. in Darien.
- 1 Darien Businesswoman Applauds 40 Years Of WoodenBoat Magazine
- 2 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 3 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 4 Darien Community Association Awards College Scholarships
- 5 Darien Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer