DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Police Department will host a blood drive on Thursday, May 8, in memory of Officer Kenneth Bateman Jr. at the Piedmont Club from 9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Bateman was a Darien Police officer when he was shot to death while responding to a burglary call in 1981.
To participate, go to redcrossblood.org or call 1-800 Red Cross to make an appointment.
The Piedmont Club is at 152 Hecker Ave. in Darien.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 4 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library
- 5 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Of Darien, Worked In The Fashion Industry