DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Police Department will host a blood drive on Thursday, May 8, in memory of Officer Kenneth Bateman Jr. at the Piedmont Club from 9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Bateman was a Darien Police officer when he was shot to death while responding to a burglary call in 1981.
To participate, go to redcrossblood.org or call 1-800 Red Cross to make an appointment.
The Piedmont Club is at 152 Hecker Ave. in Darien.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich