DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Police Department will host a blood drive on Thursday, May 8, in memory of Officer Kenneth Bateman Jr. at the Piedmont Club from 9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Bateman was a Darien Police officer when he was shot to death while responding to a burglary call in 1981.
To participate, go to redcrossblood.org or call 1-800 Red Cross to make an appointment.
The Piedmont Club is at 152 Hecker Ave. in Darien.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools