DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Police Department will host a blood drive on Thursday, May 8, in memory of Officer Kenneth Bateman Jr. at the Piedmont Club from 9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Bateman was a Darien Police officer when he was shot to death while responding to a burglary call in 1981.
To participate, go to redcrossblood.org or call 1-800 Red Cross to make an appointment.
The Piedmont Club is at 152 Hecker Ave. in Darien.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal