DARIEN, Conn. – Darien’s Mather Community Center will be hosting various events next week starting Monday, July 21.
- Alumni Swing Band, Monday, July 21 at 12:30 p.m.: Join the popular “The Alumni Swing Band” for big band swing, jazz and contemporary music selections. Lunch is $4 and will be served at noon. Call 203-656-7490 to reserve lunch.
- Author John Cilio: “Women’s Work in World War II," Tuesday, July 22 at 12:30 p.m.: In "Women’s Work in WWII,” aviation historian John Cilio combines photographs and the stories of the women who stepped into jobs with minimal training and no experience in order to keep America running during World War II. Sponsored by The Connecticut Humanities and the Darien Senior Services and Programs.
- Stamford Hospital Lunch and Learn: Senior Eye Health, Tuesday, July 29, Lunch served at noon; program begins at 12:30 p.m.: Dr. Pribis, a board-certified optometrist affiliated with Stamford Hospital, will discuss eye care services such as vision testing, prescriptions, contact lenses and diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders. Pre-operative testing and follow up care for cataract patients will be provided. Attendees must sign up for this program.
The Mather Community Center at Darien Town Hall is located at 2 Renshaw Road.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Darien