DARIEN, Conn. – Darien’s Mather Community Center will be hosting various events next week starting Monday, July 21.
- Alumni Swing Band, Monday, July 21 at 12:30 p.m.: Join the popular “The Alumni Swing Band” for big band swing, jazz and contemporary music selections. Lunch is $4 and will be served at noon. Call 203-656-7490 to reserve lunch.
- Author John Cilio: “Women’s Work in World War II," Tuesday, July 22 at 12:30 p.m.: In "Women’s Work in WWII,” aviation historian John Cilio combines photographs and the stories of the women who stepped into jobs with minimal training and no experience in order to keep America running during World War II. Sponsored by The Connecticut Humanities and the Darien Senior Services and Programs.
- Stamford Hospital Lunch and Learn: Senior Eye Health, Tuesday, July 29, Lunch served at noon; program begins at 12:30 p.m.: Dr. Pribis, a board-certified optometrist affiliated with Stamford Hospital, will discuss eye care services such as vision testing, prescriptions, contact lenses and diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders. Pre-operative testing and follow up care for cataract patients will be provided. Attendees must sign up for this program.
The Mather Community Center at Darien Town Hall is located at 2 Renshaw Road.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 3 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Darien