DARIEN, Conn. – Darien’s Mather Community Center will be hosting various events next week starting Monday, July 21.
- Alumni Swing Band, Monday, July 21 at 12:30 p.m.: Join the popular “The Alumni Swing Band” for big band swing, jazz and contemporary music selections. Lunch is $4 and will be served at noon. Call 203-656-7490 to reserve lunch.
- Author John Cilio: “Women’s Work in World War II," Tuesday, July 22 at 12:30 p.m.: In "Women’s Work in WWII,” aviation historian John Cilio combines photographs and the stories of the women who stepped into jobs with minimal training and no experience in order to keep America running during World War II. Sponsored by The Connecticut Humanities and the Darien Senior Services and Programs.
- Stamford Hospital Lunch and Learn: Senior Eye Health, Tuesday, July 29, Lunch served at noon; program begins at 12:30 p.m.: Dr. Pribis, a board-certified optometrist affiliated with Stamford Hospital, will discuss eye care services such as vision testing, prescriptions, contact lenses and diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders. Pre-operative testing and follow up care for cataract patients will be provided. Attendees must sign up for this program.
The Mather Community Center at Darien Town Hall is located at 2 Renshaw Road.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital