DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Library will welcome ESPN's senior fantasy sports analyst Matthew Berry on Sunday, March 23.
Berry will speak at 5 p.m. at the Darien Library about his book "Fantasy Life." The event is co-sponsored by Half Full Brewery, which will serve beer and wings during the event.
"It’s no secret that the fantasy sports business, especially the fantasy football business, is huge – and growing exponentially," representatives said. "Every year over 30 million Americans play fantasy sports, which is more people than play golf, watch "American Idol" or visit the Grand Canyon. If fantasy was an actual sport, it would be the fourth most popular sport in the US. Celebrities play. Athletes play. Musicians play. Even President Obama’s a fan. Fantasy sports, once a niche subculture, has become an all-consuming, beloved national pastime, and no one knows more about it than Matthew Berry."
Berry, also known as the “Talented Mr. Roto,” has received an Emmy Award for his work on ESPN2’s Fantasy Football Now and appears regularly on ESPN's television and radio programs, including Sunday NFL Countdown, SportsCenter, and NFL Live.
Books will be available for purchase at the event. Refreshments will also be served.
The library is at 1441 Post Road.
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Darien Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Darien
- 4 Child's Play: Darien's Royle School Dedicates New Playground
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed