DARIEN, Conn. - A coffee and conversation program, Senior Moments, designed specifically for seniors, will meet in the Darien Library’s conference room Tuesday, April 15, at 3 p.m.
Joe Brandt, of J.L. Brandt Co. Inc., will cover basic facts you should know about fine jewelry. The subject matter includes home security measures, proper care of jewelry, and estate planning.
Attendees will learn how to:
• Protect family interests when passing jewelry to the next generation.
• Protect against loss of jewelry in the event of burglary.
• Protect the condition of jewelry through routine care.
• Protect jewelry when traveling, or away from home.
• Protect against accidental loss of jewelry.
• Protect the history of family jewelry.
Attendees are asked not to bring jewelry; this is not an appraisal clinic, and no jewelry will be bought or sold.
Brandt has been in the business of fine jewelry since 1928. His the oldest firm of its kind in the United States. The firm provides a jewelry advisory service to the public, and functions as a marketing consultant to retail jewelers.
Brandt currently writes “The Jewelry Box” column for The Home Monthly section of the Acorn Press newspapers (online any time at TheHomeMonthly.com), and is the author of the book "Protecting The Family Jewels."
The group will meet again on Tuesday, May 20, at 3 p.m. on a topic to be determined.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 3 Darien Police: Ring's End Employee Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 4 Norwalk Police Join Search Of Long Island Sound For Missing Boater
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash