FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here are five of the biggest events coming up in Fairfield County.
1. Fairfield’s 375th Anniversary Celebration with authors Rita Papazian and Jackson Kuhl , Saturday, April 5, 1 to 3 p.m.
Authors Rita Papazian, author of "Remembering Fairfield Connecticut: Famous People and Historic Places," and Jackson Kuhl, author of "Samuel Smedley: Connecticut Privateer," will be joining forces to give informational presentations in celebration of Fairfield’s 375th anniversary. They will also be holding book signings. Free. 1499 Post Road
2. Sustainable Seafood: Panel Discussion with Local Experts in Greenwich, Saturday, April 5, 6 to 8 p.m.
Greenwich Audubon and Slow Food Metro-North are partnering together on a Sustainable Seafood Panel about how your choices at home or dining at restaurants can have an impact the planet. $10. 613 Riversville Road.
3. Coffee and Conversation at Easton Baptist Church , Saturday, April 5, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m
After 183 years, the Easton Baptist Church may have to close its doors. The church hopes to revitalize its ministry by asking for the community's input in a one-hour discussion. Free. 29 Church Road.
4. Jazz Concert in Tribute to Dave Brubeck in Southport, Sunday, April 6, 3 p.m.
A concert in honor of Dave Brubeck: pianist, composer, humanitarian, and Wilton resident. $25. 720 Pequot Avenue.
5. Stamford Museum and Nature Center Amphibian Walk , Friday, April 4, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Bring your flashlights and hiking boots to discover some of the unique creatures that visit the nature center annually to lay their eggs. Ages 5 and older. Preregistration and prepayment are required. Members for $5, nonmembers for $8. Space is limited. 39 Scofieldtown Road.
I’m sure we’ve left some big events out. Tell us where you’ll be heading and why.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.