DARIEN, Conn. — The Harvard Opportunes, Harvard’s oldest premiere co-ed a cappella group, will perform a mix of classic and popular songs in a concert for all ages Sunday, April 6, at 2 p.m.
In 1980, two Harvard-Radcliffe students, Simin Yazdgerdi and Suzanne Goldsmith, transformed a loosely organized co-ed singing group called the Harvard Squares into Harvard’s first full-fledged mixed a cappella ensemble now known as the Harvard Opportunes.
Over the years, the Opportunes have won widespread acclaim for their intricate six- to eight-part harmonies as well as for their stage presence and sense of humor. Though all are seasoned musicians, the Opportunes have academic concentrations spanning Harvard’s diverse curriculum, from molecular and cellular biology to social studies to English.
Their members hail from all over the country and the world and are involved in Harvard athletics, clubs, theater, publications, and service programs.
The Darien Library is located at 1441 Post Road. Call 203-655-1234 or visit the website for more information.
Additional parking for evening and weekend Library programs on Thorndal Circle.
- 1 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Darien Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Darien
- 5 Man Steals Cash Then Boards Train At Noroton Heights