DARIEN, Conn. -- The fourth annual Harvest Table to benefit the New Covenant House of Hospitality in Stamford will be held on Sunday, Nov. 2, at The Country Club of Darien.
Admission is $50 and one nonperishable food item. The New Covenant House provides free meals to anyone who is hungry. It is based at the Yerwood Center in Stamford.
At the Harvest Market, people can watch interesting food demonstrations, bid on items at a silent auction and enjoy lunch. The guest speaker will be Weston resident Lulu Powers, a self-proclaimed “entertainologist” who will discuss home entertaining and fine food.
The event attracts over 200 people and raises over $50,000 for New Covenant House. Sponsorship packages are also available.
The program is run by Catholic Charities.
For more information, visit the New Covenant website or contact Betsy Lopez at 203-964-8228 ext. 2.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal