DARIEN, Conn. -- The fourth annual Harvest Table to benefit the New Covenant House of Hospitality in Stamford will be held on Sunday, Nov. 2, at The Country Club of Darien.
Admission is $50 and one nonperishable food item. The New Covenant House provides free meals to anyone who is hungry. It is based at the Yerwood Center in Stamford.
At the Harvest Market, people can watch interesting food demonstrations, bid on items at a silent auction and enjoy lunch. The guest speaker will be Weston resident Lulu Powers, a self-proclaimed “entertainologist” who will discuss home entertaining and fine food.
The event attracts over 200 people and raises over $50,000 for New Covenant House. Sponsorship packages are also available.
The program is run by Catholic Charities.
For more information, visit the New Covenant website or contact Betsy Lopez at 203-964-8228 ext. 2.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Darien, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich