FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Sing along to your favorite songs, find your new favorite book, see a play for free and more in Fairfield County this weekend.
1. Danbury's Fab Four Music Festival from Saturday, July 26, to Sunday, July 27, from noon to 8 p.m.
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Beatles' arrival in the U.S., this two-day art, food and music festival features live concerts from 20 bands, exhibits, Beatles dealers and vendors offering fine food, beverages, tasty treats, artwork and more. $19.64. Ives Concert Park, Western Connecticut State University Westside campus, 43 Lake Ave. Ext.
2. Fairfield's Pequot Library's 54th Annual Summer Book Sale from Friday, July 25, to Tuesday, July 29 (see hours below)
Known as "The Best Book Sale in New England," this sale features 140,000 items in over 40 favorite categories. All proceeds help to fund Pequot Library's 400 yearly inter-generational programs and events. Free. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express Accepted. 729 Pequot Ave.
Friday, July 25, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. for double the marked price. Saturday, July 26, from 9 a.m to 5:30 p.m. for the marked price. Sunday, July 27, from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for the marked price. Monday, July 28, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for half the marked price. Tuesday, July 29 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for $5 per bag.
3. Shakespeare in Ridgefield's Ballad Park on Friday, July 25, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Ridgefield High School alumni come together to perform an evening of Shakespearean scenes and sonnets outside the garden in Ballard Park. Audience members are encouraged to bring blankets for sitting on the grass, as well as food or refreshments to enjoy during the performance. Free.
4. "Grease," the Rockin' Rydell Sing-A-Long Edition, at the Westport Public Library on Saturday, July 26, from 4 to 6 p.m.
Join this fun sing-a-long version of the classic movie Grease. Poodle skirts encouraged. Free. 20 Jesup Road.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading and why in the comments below. Want to see your event here?
- 1 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Tractor-Trailer Crash Blocks Two Lanes Of I-95 Through Darien
- 5 Darien College Student Among White House Interns