DARIEN, Conn. – Looking for artistic outlet this fall? The Darien Arts Center is offering registration for a variety of classes – dance, music, theatre, visual arts and more – for 2014-15. Fall classes will be available for preschoolers through adults.
Here are a few of the classes:
- Adult Ballet – Meets at 9:45 a.m. Mondays, 10 a.m. Wednesdays, or 10 a.m. Fridays. This is an intermediate class, which includes barre, center floor and combination instruction.
- Adult Tap – Meets at 10:50 a.m. Tuesdays. This is a multi-level tap class.
- Tap 1 – Meets at 5 p.m. Mondays. This is an introductory class for children in grades one to three. Students may learn basic steps and tap rhythms. Tap shoes are needed.
- Kinder-Jazz/Hip Hop – Meets at 4 p.m. Tuesdays or Fridays. This is an introductory class for kindergartners to learn jazz and hip hop techniques.
- Artists Open Studio – Open 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays. This is for adult artists to work on projects they may be having trouble doing, or finishing, at home. A monitor will be on hand to help with techniques and equipment, including DAC printing presses. DAC classes are not needed.
- Drawing – Meets at 4:45 p.m. Wednesdays. This is for kids ages 10 to 15 to learn technical skills in drawing. Students’ creativity will be encouraged, and they will have the opportunity to draw figures, landscapes, portraits, still life objects and bring their own ideas to life.
- Musical Theatre Scenes and Songs – Meets at 5:45 p.m. Tuesdays. This is an introductory class for students in grades 4 to 6, and focuses on analyzing popular Broadway song lyrics and acting out scenes with emotion.
- Musical Theatre Singing for Middle and High School – High schoolers meet at 2:45 p.m. Wednesdays, and middle schoolers meet at 3:45 p.m. Wednesdays. Students can gain confidence in their skills, by working on vocal techniques like breathing, phrasing and tone production, and audition and song preparation.
- Acting Techniques – Kids in grades 3 to 5 meet at 4 p.m. Thursdays, and grades 6 to 8 meet at 5 p.m. Thursdays. This class helps students develop an understanding of communication, tap into creativity and raise confidence.
To see the full catalog or register for classes, visit the website at darienarts.org or call 203-655-8683.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.