DARIEN, Conn. – The Darien Senior Program at Mather Center has several free programs scheduled for the month of February.
- Monday, Feb. 2, 11 a.m. – Ask the Nurse: Lunch and Learn. Mary Ellen Porrata of the Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association will lead an educational health program. She will be available to answer questions. A complimentary lunch will be provided at noon. Advance registration is required.
- Tuesday, Feb. 3, 12:30 p.m. – Trench Warfare. Licensed clinical social worker Art Gottlieb will give a presentation commemorating the 100-year anniversary of World War I. The program, which includes a PowerPoint slide show, will focus on the trench warfare that became a hallmark of World War I.
- Wednesday, Feb. 4, noon – Talking to Your Doctor: Lunch and Learn. A representative from the Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Fairfield County will give tips on how to improve the patient-doctor relationship. A complimentary lunch will be served at noon, and the program will begin at 12:30 p.m. Advance registration is encouraged.
- Tuesday, Feb. 10, 11 a.m . – A representative of Waveny LifeCare Network will discuss the support services and other local resources available through the organization.
- Wednesday, Feb. 11, 12:30 p.m. – The Beautiful Tava! Belly Dance Extraordinaire! The program will feature dance and music from Egypt, Greece, Israel, Lebanon, Morocco and Turkey. Lunch will be served at noon; the cost is $4 for the meal. Advance registration is required.
Darien Senior Program at Mather Center is located at 2 Renshaw Road.
For more information or to register for a program, call 203-656-7490.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.