DARIEN, Conn. – The Mather Center in Darien will be holding special upcoming events for seniors including a St. Patrick's Day celebration, a hospital lunch and learn, and more.
Here are some upcoming events:
- A St. Patrick's Day Celebration, featuring Irish dancers, will take place on Monday, March 16 at 12:30 p.m. The students of Lynn Academy will make their first visit to the Darien Senior Program and share the art of Irish Step Dancing. Chef Tom will be serving a traditional Irish lunch, so be sure to sign up.
- The Stamford Hospital's 'Lunch and Learn: Colorectal Health,” will take place on Tuesday, March 17 at 12 p.m. Stamford Hospital's Dr. Marilee Freitas will present an informative program on colorectal health and prevention. Because these programs are extremely popular, signing up right away is a must. To register, call 203-656-7490. A complimentary lunch will be served at noon before the program.
- “Introducing Your Personal Computer” will be on Wednesday, March 18, 25 and April 1 at 10 a.m. Jim Squyres will teach a beginner's computer class for those interested in learning more or understanding a Windows computer better. Topics include the computer; the software, including virus protection and updates; email, including saving and sending pictures; the Internet; and Word. The class will be once a week for three weeks. If there is a lot of interest, Squyres will continue the class for additional weeks.
- “Easter Iris Folding Cards” will be on Wednesday, March 18 at 9:30 a.m. Jo-An Jacobs will be available to teach the paper craft technique called Iris folding. She will teach you how to use Iris folding in the creation of cards for holidays or gifts. Space is limited for this class, so sign up right away.
- “Ask A Lawyer” will be on Friday, March 20, at 11 a.m. Nedder and Associates LLC will be available for 15-minute appointments. Attorney Michael Nedder can answer questions regarding power of attorney, living wills, trusts, disability planning and more. Appointments fill quickly, so sign up right away by calling 203-656-7490.
The Darien Senior Program is at the Mather Center, 2 Renshaw Road in Darien. For more information, call 203-656-7490.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.