DARIEN, Conn. -- International concert violinist David Podles is set to play at the Darien Library.
Podles will perform at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at the Darien Library at 1441 Post Road in Darien. Attendees are invited to "travel with him through the different musical epochs, hearing his violin evoke the veritable rapture that classical music creates and celebrate the exquisite compositions that were so brilliantly crafted," representatives said.
Podles, of Riga, Latvia, is laureate of three international competitions and received a doctorate in violin from a conservatory in Riga. He has performed in symphony, chamber, opera and ballet theater orchestras both as a solo and in the orchestra. He has toured across Russia and throughout Europe and the United States, according to a release.
Refreshments will be served during the event. For more information, residents are asked to visit the Darien Library website.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Is Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Darien Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday