DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien-Norwalk YWCA will host its 10th annual Push-n-Pull Parade starting at 10:30 a.m. Friday, July 4, beginning at the Goodwives Shopping Center.
Once again the parade will consist of children riding bikes, scooters, wagons or any nonmotorized vehicle.
Local and state elected officials will lead the parade, which last year drew nearly 3,000 local residents. The parade will also feature a special appearance by Darien resident Joe Warren as Uncle Sam and fire trucks from the Darien and Noroton Fire Departments.
Participants will have the chance to win in multiple categories that include best decorated wheels (tricycles, bicycles, scooters, wagons), most patriotic family, and a challenge category for non-motorized floats.
The parade travels down the Post Road and ends in Tilley Pond Park, where there will be food vendors and live entertainment by “Ray and Jay.”
The event is free and open to the public. A suggested donation of $10 per family will be accepted at Tilley Pond Park 4and will directly benefit the community service programs of the YWCA Darien-Norwalk.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line