DARIEN, Conn. -- Looking to enjoy a special meal out while getting a bargain? Several local restaurants are extending Darien Restaurant Week for another week to Feb. 13.
The week was originally scheduled to last until Feb. 6 to coincide with the Indoor Sidewalk Sale. But the big snowstorms and cold temperatures limited many residents' chances to get out to enjoy the celebration, the Darien Chamber of Commerce said.
"It seems this week’s snow storms might have deterred many from venturing out," a press release said. "No worries – we got you covered with added dates for Darien Restaurant Week. Participating restaurants will offer a special prix-fixe lunch and/or dinner menu throughout Restaurant Week."
The mid-range lunch will be $12.14 and dinner will be $18.14. The high end lunch will be $20.14 and the dinner will be $30.14.
“This is great way of keeping our town active and supporting our businesses during the cold days of winter,” said Darien Chamber of Commerce President Carol Wilder-Tamme. “This is a fun way for locals and surrounding towns to experience dining and shopping in Darien.”
Participating restaurants include:
- Anthony's Coal Fire pizza
- Bodega Taco Bar
- Cesco’s Trattoria
- Chuck's Steakhouse
- Darien Social
- Estia's American
- Jimmy's Southside Tavern
- Meatball & Company
- Scena Wine Bar
- The Goose
- Rory's Restaurant
- The Melting Pot
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Three Charged With Stealing Copper, Doorknobs From Darien Home
- 4 Snow Could Return To Darien For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach