DARIEN, Conn. -- Software developer Joe Cascio will present “Understanding Bitcoin: What You Need to Know about the New Digital Currency” on Wednesday, Feb. 12, at 7 p.m. at Darien Library.
Bitcoin is a revolutionary and disruptive new open-source technology for value storage and transfer. It allows individuals anywhere on the globe to transfer funds to one another for pennies without an intermediary and without permission from governments.
This session will consist of a brief introductory presentation followed by an extended question and answer discussion. Attendees are encouraged to bring their curiosity and their questions.
Cascio is a semi-retired software developer from Stonington. He has worked in several engineering and science related companies, and was most recently the CTO at a cardiology imaging software company in Westerly, R.I. He has been involved in bitcoin since 2011 and is developing bitcoin related software for digital identity.
The Darien Library is located at 1441 Post Road.
- 1 Darien Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'