FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A lot of love goes into designing a Valentine's menu and Fairfield County is ablaze with options. A sampling follows; feel free to add your own to our comments or Facebook page, but book now. Reservations are filling up.
Another way to keep your Valentine's "hot?" Check out our previous story on fireplace dining .
- Cafe Xpresso, Newtown : Indulge your sweet tooth with the chocolate mousse or strawberry mousse hearts or opt for the chocolate cupcakes filled with strawberry jam. Love Rules: 150 S Main St., (203) 304-9955.
- Del Frisco’s Grille, Stamford: Couples can cozy up while indulging in weekend-only features such as decadent Dry Aged Bone-In Ribeye with Fried Oysters, Jumbo Lump Crab Stuffed Maine Lobster Tail with Garlic Grits and Raspberry Chocolate Ganache Tart. Pair them all with the aphrodisiac-filled Flirting with Ginger cocktail or swoon-worthy wines off the Grille’s award-winning wine list; these limited time features will be offered from Friday, Feb.10 to Tuesday, Feb. 14. Love Rules: 101 Broad St., (203) 890-9601.
- Geronimo Tequila Bar & Southwest Grill, Fairfield: Love Potion #9 (Casamigos Blanco, La Pinta Pomegranate Liqueur, fresh lemon, agave) and Scarlett Kiss (Triple 8 Vanilla Vodka, Blood Orange juice topped with Prosecco) are among the cocktails being shaken up at this Santa Fe-inspired eatery. There's a special menu, as well including a brownie for two -- from Saturday, Feb. 11 to Tuesday, Feb. 14. Love Rules: 2070 Post Rd., (203) 955-1643.
- The Fez, Stamford: Expect a four-course prix fixe menu with a Prosecco toast for $60 (plus tax & tip), and live music with special guest Kathy Muir singer/songwriter to help set the mood. Guests will also be entered into the eatery's "Dinner for Two" giveaway. Love Rules: 227 Summer St., (203) 324-3391.
- Pearl Restaurant & Bar, Westport: Celebrate love with cocktails and live music at the Pearl at Longshore. Little Black Dress will make their debut on Tuesday Feb. 14; plus there's a special menu complete with chocolate fondue for two. Love Rules: 260 Compo Road South, (203) 557-6260.