DARIEN, Conn. -- A new Time magazine study of ZIP codes has ranked Darien's 06820 as the eighth-richest in the country.
Using five-year averages from the U.S. Census Bureau, Time's study showed that 59.7 percent of Darien households make more than $150,000 per year.
The study was limited to ZIP codes that have at least 10,000 residents.
Weston's 06883 ZIP code also made Time's list, ranking third in the nation with 67.3 percent of households making more than $150,000 annually.
Also nearby, Chappaqua, N.Y., was ranked fifth on the list with 63.7 percent of households in its 10514 ZIP code making more than $150,000.
The richest ZIP code in the Time study was 07078 in Short Hills, N.J., with 69.4 percent of households making more than $150,000 per year.
- 1 Darien Businesswoman Applauds 40 Years Of WoodenBoat Magazine
- 2 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 3 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 4 Darien Community Association Awards College Scholarships
- 5 Darien Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer