DARIEN, Conn. -- A new Time magazine study of ZIP codes has ranked Darien's 06820 as the eighth-richest in the country.
Using five-year averages from the U.S. Census Bureau, Time's study showed that 59.7 percent of Darien households make more than $150,000 per year.
The study was limited to ZIP codes that have at least 10,000 residents.
Weston's 06883 ZIP code also made Time's list, ranking third in the nation with 67.3 percent of households making more than $150,000 annually.
Also nearby, Chappaqua, N.Y., was ranked fifth on the list with 63.7 percent of households in its 10514 ZIP code making more than $150,000.
The richest ZIP code in the Time study was 07078 in Short Hills, N.J., with 69.4 percent of households making more than $150,000 per year.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Darien, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich