DARIEN, Conn. — Darien Daily Voice readers John and Elizabeth Ward snapped these photos of a bald eagle visiting Holly Pond in Darien on Tuesday.
The Wards were in awe as they watched the eagle flying around Holly Pond, sizing up buffleheads — a type of duck — for a meal. They said they have never seen an eagle at Holly Pond in their 10 years of living in town.
- 1 Driver Thrown From Car, Killed In Rollover Crash On I-95 In Westport
- 2 Fairfield County's Setti Family Now Stars After Christmas Reality Show Win
- 3 Darien Teen Completes Wyoming Backpacking Adventure Course
- 4 Fairfield County Foodie Shares Her Top Dishes Of 2014
- 5 'Scenes From The Nutcracker' Draws Sold-Out Crowds In Darien