DARIEN, Conn. — Darien Daily Voice readers John and Elizabeth Ward snapped these photos of a bald eagle visiting Holly Pond in Darien on Tuesday.
The Wards were in awe as they watched the eagle flying around Holly Pond, sizing up buffleheads — a type of duck — for a meal. They said they have never seen an eagle at Holly Pond in their 10 years of living in town.
- 1 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 2 Darien Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield