DARIEN, Conn. — Darien Daily Voice readers John and Elizabeth Ward snapped these photos of a bald eagle visiting Holly Pond in Darien on Tuesday.
The Wards were in awe as they watched the eagle flying around Holly Pond, sizing up buffleheads — a type of duck — for a meal. They said they have never seen an eagle at Holly Pond in their 10 years of living in town.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital