DARIEN, Conn. — Darien Daily Voice readers John and Elizabeth Ward snapped these photos of a bald eagle visiting Holly Pond in Darien on Tuesday.
The Wards were in awe as they watched the eagle flying around Holly Pond, sizing up buffleheads — a type of duck — for a meal. They said they have never seen an eagle at Holly Pond in their 10 years of living in town.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Stamford Man Charged In Assault On Darien Girlfriend
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight