DARIEN, Conn. — Darien Daily Voice readers John and Elizabeth Ward snapped these photos of a bald eagle visiting Holly Pond in Darien on Tuesday.
The Wards were in awe as they watched the eagle flying around Holly Pond, sizing up buffleheads — a type of duck — for a meal. They said they have never seen an eagle at Holly Pond in their 10 years of living in town.
- 1 Homeless Man Charged With Breach Of Peace At Darien Library
- 2 Norwalk's Setti Family Wins 'Great Christmas Light Fight' ABC-TV Show
- 3 New Speed Change Lanes Open On I-95 In Norwalk
- 4 Darien Woman To Lead Horizons Student Enrichment Program
- 5 Fog, Soaking Rain, Strong Winds In Store For Darien Holiday Travelers