DARIEN, Conn. — Darien Daily Voice readers John and Elizabeth Ward snapped these photos of a bald eagle visiting Holly Pond in Darien on Tuesday.
The Wards were in awe as they watched the eagle flying around Holly Pond, sizing up buffleheads — a type of duck — for a meal. They said they have never seen an eagle at Holly Pond in their 10 years of living in town.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy