FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — The Roman Catholic Diocese of Bridgeport urges all parishioners to heed travel restrictions and to consider the safety of their families before deciding to drive to Mass this weekend after the heavy snowfall this weekend in Fairfield County.
The diocese issued its warning Saturday on its website.
Church members who plan to attend Mass on Saturday evening or Sunday should use caution. Where conditions are difficult or dangerous, people are reminded that they are dispensed from the normal obligations under Code of Canon Law, Canon 1248 § 2, the diocese said.
Many parking lots have not been cleared and secondary roads in towns throughout Fairfield County have not been plowed. Parishioners can visit their parish websites for additional information.
- 1 Darien Goalie Takes North Carolina To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Report Says
- 4 Darien, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 5 Darien Players Compete In NCAA Lacrosse Men's Final Four