DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Arts Center is hosting a special art show titled "Drawn To Nature" throughout February as an effort to raise awareness of conservancy.
The program, which features work from Darien Arts Center students, will welcome residents with an opening reception from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9, at the Darien Nature Center at 120 Brookside Road. The exhibit will be on display at the nature center throughout February.
"In addition to learning about the benefits of conservancy, DAC students learned that artists have long used nature and recycled materials as inspiration for artwork, and in turn, each student has created a work that represents an element from nature or uses repurposed materials," a press release said. "Displaying the show at the Darien Nature Center gave the Arts Center the unique opportunity to tie-in with the nature-oriented theme."
According to DAC Visual Arts Director, Beth Cherico, “The Nature Center is a wonderful venue for displaying our work. We are very appreciative and excited about this creative collaboration.”
Registration for art classes at the Darien Arts Center are ongoing and are available for all ages and levels. For more information or to register, visit the Darien Arts Center website or contact Beth Cherico, visual arts director, at 203-655-8683.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Stamford Man Charged In Assault On Darien Girlfriend
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 5 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital