DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Library's sixth annual "One Book, "One Community" selection for the townwide read is "TransAtlantic" by Colum McCann.
The book selected for young readers is "Born to Fly" by Michael Ferrari.
McCann will visit the Darien Library at 7 p.m. May 21 to discuss his book. "TransAtlantic" begins in the year of the Irish famine and ends in 2011 when President Obama lands on Irish shores," according to the release.
"Truth meets the imagination and fact meets fiction in this exciting, sophisticated work from an incomparable writer," representatives said in the release. "Join us as Colum McCann discusses the catalyst for his latest novel -- the first nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean and the interwoven stories of his characters throughout history."
Seating for the book discussion with McCann is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. The first 100 attendees will receive a complimentary copy of TransAtlantic.
The Darien Library is at 1441 Post Road in Darien.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Freeze Watch Issued As Wind-Chill Factor Drops To Mid-20s In Darien
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report