DARIEN, Conn. – The Darien Library will host a book drive this weekend to benefit those displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
Community members are invited to donate any books that residents of the Rockaways, Staten Island or Coney Island might enjoy while they deal with the aftermath of the storm. Books will be accepted from Friday through Sunday.
Library officials are hoping the books will restore a sense of normalcy for the victims and improve their quality of life. The collected books will be given to Literacy in Motion, an organization that is creating pop-up libraries in emergency shelters and food pantries serving Sandy victims.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 3 Darien Police: Ring's End Employee Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 4 Norwalk Police Join Search Of Long Island Sound For Missing Boater
- 5 Robert E. Mallozzi, Lifelong Darien Resident, President Of Bob's Sports