DARIEN, Conn. – The Darien Library will host a book drive this weekend to benefit those displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
Community members are invited to donate any books that residents of the Rockaways, Staten Island or Coney Island might enjoy while they deal with the aftermath of the storm. Books will be accepted from Friday through Sunday.
Library officials are hoping the books will restore a sense of normalcy for the victims and improve their quality of life. The collected books will be given to Literacy in Motion, an organization that is creating pop-up libraries in emergency shelters and food pantries serving Sandy victims.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Darien, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich