DARIEN, Conn. – The Darien Library will host a book drive this weekend to benefit those displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
Community members are invited to donate any books that residents of the Rockaways, Staten Island or Coney Island might enjoy while they deal with the aftermath of the storm. Books will be accepted from Friday through Sunday.
Library officials are hoping the books will restore a sense of normalcy for the victims and improve their quality of life. The collected books will be given to Literacy in Motion, an organization that is creating pop-up libraries in emergency shelters and food pantries serving Sandy victims.
- 1 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Darien
- 4 Man Steals Cash Then Boards Train At Noroton Heights
- 5 Darien Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm