DARIEN, Conn. – The Darien Library will host a book drive this weekend to benefit those displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
Community members are invited to donate any books that residents of the Rockaways, Staten Island or Coney Island might enjoy while they deal with the aftermath of the storm. Books will be accepted from Friday through Sunday.
Library officials are hoping the books will restore a sense of normalcy for the victims and improve their quality of life. The collected books will be given to Literacy in Motion, an organization that is creating pop-up libraries in emergency shelters and food pantries serving Sandy victims.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal