DARIEN, Conn. – The Darien Library will host a book drive this weekend to benefit those displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
Community members are invited to donate any books that residents of the Rockaways, Staten Island or Coney Island might enjoy while they deal with the aftermath of the storm. Books will be accepted from Friday through Sunday.
Library officials are hoping the books will restore a sense of normalcy for the victims and improve their quality of life. The collected books will be given to Literacy in Motion, an organization that is creating pop-up libraries in emergency shelters and food pantries serving Sandy victims.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Garden Club Of Darien Celebrates Work To Spruce Up Cherry Lawn Park
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 NY Times Columnist Slams Greenwich In 'The Show-Off Society'
- 5 Darien Realtor With William Pitt Sotheby's Intl. Helps In Nicaragua