DARIEN, Conn. — The annual Holiday Luncheon and Boutique at the Country Club of Darien raised more than $12,000 for the Stamford Advocate’s Giving Fund. Attendees also donated food and toiletries to the Person-to-Person food pantry.
This was the 12th year of the holiday event, which was started in the wake of Sept. 11 as an opportunity to support local charities that benefit women and children.
The event sold out early, with 340 women attending. A total of 19 vendors participated in the boutique. One of the highlights of the sale was the member’s table, which offered unique handmade items, baked goods and original crafts and arts that were created and donated by members and employees.
Members of this year’s committee included Chairman Kathy Lavery, Janis Atha, Carol Crikelair, Chris Falco, Gail Jones, Barbara Kelly, Diane Musicaro, Laurie McGrath, Jill Pankosky and Nancy Powell.
- 1 Darien Ranked As State's Best Suburb To Live In
- 2 Three Charged With Attempted Thefts At Darien Stop & Shop
- 3 Cars Catch Fire At Darien High School In Jump Start Gone Wrong
- 4 Darien's The Goose Celebrates Five-Year Anniversary
- 5 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol