DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien Police Department has helped to raise more than $2,400 to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Darien Police Department policies normally prohibit officers from wearing earrings or growing certain facial hairstyles, but the Darien Police Commission granted provisional relief from certain grooming standards for officers who participated in the fundraiser.
"Your Darien officers may look a little different this winter, but their 'Pride in Excellence' remains steadfast," department representatives said.
The department donations came from "Jenna's Team" honoring Jenna Dos Santos, daughter of Darien Police Officer Michael Dos Santos, who was diagnosed with leukemia in spring 2009. Jenna "spent considerable time in Hartford at the Connecticut Children's Medical Center where the Dos Santos family was referred to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society," a press release said.
- 1 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Darien
- 4 Man Steals Cash Then Boards Train At Noroton Heights
- 5 Darien Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm