DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien is one of the best places to live in the state, ranking second on the annual Connecticut Magazine "Rating the Towns" listing.
Ridgefield edged Darien in the rankings, which was formulated with a revamped ranking system this year.
The publication changed its criteria and split up the towns based on median home sale price. In previous years, all towns and cities were divided into categories by population.
Darien ranked second in towns where the median home sale price is at least $300,000.
In addition to median home sale price, Connecticut Magazine weighed crime rates, graduation rates, the equalized mill rate, PIC rating, the number of restaurants that made the publications "Best Restaurants" list and voter turnout when determining the rankings.
Darien totaled a score of 31, while Ridgefield had the lowest and best score of 28.
Fairfield County dominated the rest of the group, with New Canaan, Wilton, Greenwich, Weston and Westport ranking third through seventh, respectively on the list.
Easton ranked 12th, Fairfield placed 17th and Redding tied for 21st.
Stamford was ranked the top city in the state, followed by Norwalk at No. 2 and Danbury at No. 3.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien