DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien is one of the best places to live in the state, ranking second on the annual Connecticut Magazine "Rating the Towns" listing.
Ridgefield edged Darien in the rankings, which was formulated with a revamped ranking system this year.
The publication changed its criteria and split up the towns based on median home sale price. In previous years, all towns and cities were divided into categories by population.
Darien ranked second in towns where the median home sale price is at least $300,000.
In addition to median home sale price, Connecticut Magazine weighed crime rates, graduation rates, the equalized mill rate, PIC rating, the number of restaurants that made the publications "Best Restaurants" list and voter turnout when determining the rankings.
Darien totaled a score of 31, while Ridgefield had the lowest and best score of 28.
Fairfield County dominated the rest of the group, with New Canaan, Wilton, Greenwich, Weston and Westport ranking third through seventh, respectively on the list.
Easton ranked 12th, Fairfield placed 17th and Redding tied for 21st.
Stamford was ranked the top city in the state, followed by Norwalk at No. 2 and Danbury at No. 3.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Three Charged With Stealing Copper, Doorknobs From Darien Home
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Snow Could Return To Darien For Monday Morning Commute