DARIEN, Conn. -- Nina Miller wants people to know that wildlife can be found even in a suburb as developed as Darien. Miller should know. She has spent nearly a year surrounded by it while she sleeps in a tent in her backyard - even in the snow, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Miller, who works as the preschool director at the Darien Nature Center, told the Stamford Advocate she's roughing it in her backyard to make children more aware of the wildlife that surrounds them.
Miller said hopes to have spent 200 nights in her tent by the end of June, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Darien
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Darien
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Box With $140K In Belongings Stolen From Couple Moving To Darien