DARIEN, Conn. -- Nina Miller wants people to know that wildlife can be found even in a suburb as developed as Darien. Miller should know. She has spent nearly a year surrounded by it while she sleeps in a tent in her backyard - even in the snow, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Miller, who works as the preschool director at the Darien Nature Center, told the Stamford Advocate she's roughing it in her backyard to make children more aware of the wildlife that surrounds them.
Miller said hopes to have spent 200 nights in her tent by the end of June, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien