DARIEN, Conn. -- Nina Miller wants people to know that wildlife can be found even in a suburb as developed as Darien. Miller should know. She has spent nearly a year surrounded by it while she sleeps in a tent in her backyard - even in the snow, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Miller, who works as the preschool director at the Darien Nature Center, told the Stamford Advocate she's roughing it in her backyard to make children more aware of the wildlife that surrounds them.
Miller said hopes to have spent 200 nights in her tent by the end of June, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital