DARIEN, Conn. -- Nina Miller wants people to know that wildlife can be found even in a suburb as developed as Darien. Miller should know. She has spent nearly a year surrounded by it while she sleeps in a tent in her backyard - even in the snow, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Miller, who works as the preschool director at the Darien Nature Center, told the Stamford Advocate she's roughing it in her backyard to make children more aware of the wildlife that surrounds them.
Miller said hopes to have spent 200 nights in her tent by the end of June, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Darien Ranked As State's Best Suburb To Live In
- 2 Three Charged With Attempted Thefts At Darien Stop & Shop
- 3 Cars Catch Fire At Darien High School In Jump Start Gone Wrong
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies