DARIEN, Conn. — The Darien YMCA will be offering free parent/child swim classes for two weeks in January.
Drowning is the No. 1 cause of accidental death for children under 4 years of age. These classes for children ages 6 months-3 years will be taught by the Y's certified instructors in a fun, relaxed environment. The classes are designed to introduce children to swimming at a young age so they can develop early skills and a healthy respect for the water.
Classes will be held Jan. 21-Jan. 26 and Jan. 28-Feb. 2. Classes for children 13 months-36 months will be held 10 a.m.-10:30 a.m. each Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Classes for children 6 months-12 months will be held 11:30 a.m.-noon Saturdays. There is a limit of two classes per participant.
To schedule a class, contact Amy D'Andrea at email@example.com or call 203-655-8228, ext. 1307.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien