DARIEN, CONN. -- The Darien YMCA will be closing areas of its facility for annual maintenance in August, causing a series of closures this month.
The closings are:
- Wellness Center: Closing at 3 p.m Friday, Aug. 9, and reopening at noon Sunday, Aug. 11.
- Fitness Studios (1&2): No classes in these studios from Aug. 12 to 18; they will reopen Monday, Aug. 19.
- Large pool: Closing at noon Saturday, Aug. 10, and reopening Monday, Aug. 26.
- Small Pool: Closing Tuesday, Aug. 20, and reopening Monday, Aug. 26.
- Gymnasium: Closing Monday, Aug. 12, and reopening Wednesday, Aug. 21.
- Play Room/Babysitting: Closed at 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 12, through Friday, Aug. 23.
During the closings, members are allowed to use the neighboring YMCAs in New Canaan, Westport/Weston, Wilton, Stamford or Greenwich.
Also, starting Sept. 3, the Darien YMCA will open earlier. The new hours will be:
- Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.