DARIEN, Conn. -- More than two dozen NFL alumni will be on hand for the eighth annual Connecticut Chapter of NFL Alumni Charity Golf Classic to be held at the Country Club of Darien on Monday, June 9.
Proceeds from the event have historically benefited children's charities. This year, STAR's Rubino Family Center has been selected as a designated recipient for their Early Intervention Programs.
Norwalk-based STAR Inc., Lighting the Way is the leading provider of supports and services to persons with developmental disabilities in Mid-Fairfield County.
NFL Hall of Famer, New York Giants great and former broadcaster Frank Gifford will serve as honorary chairman of the tournament.
Other NFL alumni scheduled to participate include:
- Steve Thurlow, Chapter President, New York Giants/Washington Redskins
- Joe Pisarcik, NFL Alumni President, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles
- Craig Bingham, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Scott Brunner, New York Giants
- Richard Caster, New York Jets
- Jeff Feagles, New York Giants
- Nick Giaquinto, Washington Redskins/Miami Dolphins
- Terry Hanratty, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Bruce Harper, New York Jets
- Don Herrmann, New York Giants
- Brian Kelly, New York Giants
- Niko Koutouvides, New England Patriots/Seattle Seahawks
- Ernie Koy, New York Giants
- Skip Lane, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs/ Washington Redskins
- Chuck Mercein, New York Giants, Green Bay Packers
- Karl Nelson, New York Giants
- Lee Nystrom, Green Bay Packers
- George Radachowsky, New York Jets/Indianapolis Colts
- Eric Schubert, New York Giants
- Dick Swatland, Houston Oilers
- Bob Tucker, New York Giants/ Minnesota Vikings
- Tom Vigorito, Miami Dolphins
- Jeffrey White, New England Patriots
- Jeff Wilner, Green Bay Packers/Denver Broncos