GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Ballet Academy is now offering special classes for the youngest aspiring dancers, launching an Early Prep program for 2- to 5-year-olds.
“The Early Prep program is designed to introduce young children to ballet without the pressure of an audition,” said Jeanne Hendrickson, GBA chairman of the board of the Academy. “This is an incredible opportunity to introduce them to the joys of ballet, and combine expert guidance with a fun and engaging class.”
The program features three dance classes, based on the age of the child. Mothers of 2- to 3-year-olds can join their children in Dance 1, which is known as the Mommy and Me program. The next two classes, for 3- and 4-year olds and 4- and 5-year-olds, are known as Creative Movement classes. All classes aim to bring out the love of dance in children.
There are no auditions required for the Early Prep program. There is a registration fee of $25 and a tuition fee of $311. All classes will be held at 181 Westchester Ave. on the third floor. The classes run through June 6.
However the training doesn’t stop there. “If a child graduates from our Early Prep program, they’re automatically accepted into our Pre-Academy level 1 class,” said Yuri Vodolaga, the Academy's artistic director. “We want to be there every step of the way as these kids grow as ballet dancers.”
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 4 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library
- 5 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Of Darien, Worked In The Fashion Industry