GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday, June 24.
The former "Good Morning America" co-host said she decided to announce the news because she had spent her life "sharing my joys and my disappointments with all of you: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career… I have shared my journey. So it certainly didn’t feel right keeping this part of my journey a secret."
Lunden also said she has already begun chemotherapy and hopes to inspire others to be more aware of their health.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Garden Club Of Darien Celebrates Work To Spruce Up Cherry Lawn Park
- 4 NY Times Columnist Slams Greenwich In 'The Show-Off Society'
- 5 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library