GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday, June 24.
The former "Good Morning America" co-host said she decided to announce the news because she had spent her life "sharing my joys and my disappointments with all of you: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career… I have shared my journey. So it certainly didn’t feel right keeping this part of my journey a secret."
Lunden also said she has already begun chemotherapy and hopes to inspire others to be more aware of their health.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens