GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday, June 24.
The former "Good Morning America" co-host said she decided to announce the news because she had spent her life "sharing my joys and my disappointments with all of you: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career… I have shared my journey. So it certainly didn’t feel right keeping this part of my journey a secret."
Lunden also said she has already begun chemotherapy and hopes to inspire others to be more aware of their health.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Police: NYC Man, 65, Made Harassing Phone Calls To Darien Teen Girl