DARIEN, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Darien’s Hugh Jessiman!
Hugh Jessiman, who grew up in Darien, turns 30 on Friday. The ice hockey player was born March 28, 1984, in New York City.
Jessiman was drafted in the first round, 12th overall, by the New York Rangers in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
On Aug. 4, 2010, Jessiman signed a one-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks for the 2010-11 season.
Jessiman was assigned to AHL affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs on Sept. 27, 2010. He contributed 5 points in 25 games with the IceHogs before he was traded by the Blackhawks to the Florida Panthers on Feb. 9, 2011.
On Feb. 27, 2011, Jessiman made his long-awaited NHL debut. He signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Ottawa Senators on July 3, 2012.
On May 23, 2013, Jessiman signed his first contract abroad on a one-year deal with new KHL team Medveščak from Croatia.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Darien Town Administrator To Step Down, Head Housing Agency