DARIEN, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Darien’s Steve Wilkos!
Steven John Wilkos, who has owned a home in Darien, turns 51 on Monday. The television personality was born March 9, 1964, in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Wilkos is a former U.S. Marine and police officer. He was recruited as part-time security guards officer for The Jerry Springer Show in Chicago and later worked exclusively for the show starting in 2001. He was director of security on The Jerry Springer Show from 1994 to 2007.
In 2005, he appeared as a guest on Check, Please!, a restaurant-reviewing program on Chicago's PBS station, WTTW and hosting The Steve Wilkos Show since 2007.
In September 2007 Wilkos hosted a talk show of his own based at NBC Tower in Chicago for NBC Universal Television and received high ratings. In August 2009, the show moved its taping location to Stamford, Connecticut.
In June 2012, NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution announced the renewal of The Steve Wilkos Show through September 2016.
- 1 Darien Goalie Takes North Carolina To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 2 Population Grows In Darien, All Of Fairfield County
- 3 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 4 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 5 Darien Names Navy Vet Chris Pintauro As Memorial Day Speaker