DARIEN, Conn. The following letter was written by Darien resident Laura Woodward Cavers.
How did we get to this?
1) After renovating and expanding on the Board of Education space at Town Hall, shuffle the seniors to there.
2) Push out the Board of Education offices, happily content in Town Hall, to the old library site, which, by the way, is too large for the Board of Ed's needs and will need extensive retooling of those large open rooms into the small private offices that it utilizes.
3) And then force something (we don't know what) on the Edgerton Street residents, who have been cohabitating nicely with the seniors, who wanted to stay right where they were.
1) Sell the property of the old library and create tax revenue for the town.
2) Build a Senior Center at Edgerton Street with money from the sale of the old library.
3) Leave the Board of Education alone. (Did they want to move?)
Dave Campbell, Jayme Stevenson and Jerry Neilsen's Plan A is pretty far down the road. It could become a reality. How on earth did we get to this?
Vote for John Lundeen, Vickie Riccardo and David Bayne . They are trying hard to make Plan B happen.
Send your letters to email@example.com .