DARIEN, Conn. -- The Darien business community, local dignitaries and fellow area chamber directors gathered at Atria in Darien for a farewell party for Carol Wilder-Tamme, who is retiring after 10 years as President at the Darien Chamber of Commerce.
First Selectman Jayme Stevenson declared Thursday, May 15, Carol Wilder-Tamme Day in Darien. Wilder-Tamme also received a state Assembly citation from state Rep. Terrie Wood, a citation from Stevenson and gifts from chamber members.
A song was rewritten and sung for her by John Lundeen and Dick Kelsey. Susan Cator has assumed the role of director of the chamber.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director