DARIEN, Conn. -- Want to learn about your family history? Attend a tech seminar at the Darien Library on Saturday, Jan. 25 at 2 p.m. that features hardware, software and apps to aid in your search.
The session will be led by Phil Hayes, chief executive officer of Sirius Innovations. As CEO, Hayes served as a technology solutions consultant and web applications programmer for fortune 500 companies, large municipalities and hospitals.
Combining the power of technology and the primary sources from historical documents, Hayes developed his own family history website.
Upon publishing the site, it has inspired many people to develop interest in the family’s history and has connected Hayes to several undiscovered relatives and their family stories.
There is additional parking for evening and weekend Library programs on Thorndal Circle.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Darien Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard