DARIEN, Conn. – Three lucky winners of the second annual Memorial Day Children’s Drawing Contest will be marching in this year’s Memorial Day parade in Darien.
The winners are Caroline Gies, 5; Ian Schneeberger, 6; and Alexandra Martin, 7, Darien’s Memorial Day Parade Committee announced. The contestants submitted original artwork portraying their patriotism and the importance of Memorial Day.
“Congratulations to Caroline, Ian and Alexandra for their patriotic drawings of what Darien’s Memorial Day Parade means to them,” said Selectman Susan Marks. “This contest and our town parade give the entire community an opportunity to remember the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives for our great country.”
Gies is a prekindergarten student St. Thomas More Happiness Preschool. Schneeberger is in
kindergarten at Hindley Elementary School. Martin is second-grader at Tokeneke Elementary School.
The parade will begin at 10 a.m. Monday. A ceremony at the State Veterans Cemetery in Spring Grove will immediately follow.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Darien
- 3 Darien Honors Veterans With Wreaths Across America Ceremony
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'