DARIEN, Conn. -- An open invitation for the inaugural Alumni Cocktail Party Fundraiser is extended to past members by the YWCA Darien/Norwalk. The festivities will take place at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 9, at a private residence in Darien.
The festive atmosphere will give friends who may have met through one of the many groups at the YW a chance to reunite and reminisce. Many relocated locals have relied on the YW for an introduction to new friends for decades, and groups like Newcomers, Gourmet and Playgroups have fostered countless friendships in the community.
The invitation to contact old friends and take the opportunity to have fun, reunite and relive fond memories is the motive of the organizers of the party and committee members Karen Perry, Jennifer Sommer, Deirdre McGovern, Amy Fraser, Shannon Silsby and Susan Daly.
Another goal of the fundraiser is to welcome new ideas and to share in the vision of the future YW. The YW encourages any past or present member to contact old friends and invite them to the party. The YW thanks the title sponsor of this event, William Raveis Real Estate Mortgage and Insurance.
Tickets are $30 each and can be purchased online at www.ywcadariennorwalk.org or by calling 203-655-2535. Guests are asked to register online.
The YWCA Darien/Norwalk is located at 49 Old King’s Highway North in Darien.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Darien Businesswoman Applauds 40 Years Of WoodenBoat Magazine