DARIEN, Conn. -- A water main will be replaced on Middlesex Road from Noroton Avenue to Old Parish Road in Darien, with work beginning next week, Aquarion Water Co. announced.
Work is scheduled to begin on Monday, May 5, and is expected to be completed by the beginning of August.
During the project, customers in the area may experience temporary service disruptions or discolored water. Aquarion recommends that customers store water in their refrigerators for drinking and cooking in case these circumstances arise. Customers also should refrain from washing laundry if water is discolored.
Before resuming use of water, customers should run their cold water faucets until the water appears clear. Due to construction, minor traffic issues and detours may also arise.
Customers with project-related questions may contact Steve Glowa, Aquarion’s pipeline program coordinator, at 203-362-3061. For service or water-related issues, contact Aquarion Customer Service at 1-800-732-9678.
- 1 Darien Teen Is Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar