DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien last week:
- Darien officers broke up two parties with underage drinkers and arrested two men on charges of providing alcohol to minors.
- A Chicago man, Stanley Bradford, 21, working as a door-to-door salesman, was charged with burglarizing homes on Hollow Tree Ridge Road in Darien.
- The Planning and Zoning Commission of Darien approved $5 million worth of two renovation projects for Tokeneke Club.
- Darien came in 21st in the MaxPreps Cup standings, which recognizes the best overall high school sports programs in the country.
- The Mather Community Center adjacent to Darien Town Hall has finally opened its doors after months of construction and is drawing fanfare from Darien seniors, including Nancy Francesconi.
- The YWCA Darien/Norwalk received a $3,000 grant from First County Bank for their Job Search Support Program. Proceeds from the grant will benefit the YWCA and its community outreach programs.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich