DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien last week:
- Darien officers broke up two parties with underage drinkers and arrested two men on charges of providing alcohol to minors.
- A Chicago man, Stanley Bradford, 21, working as a door-to-door salesman, was charged with burglarizing homes on Hollow Tree Ridge Road in Darien.
- The Planning and Zoning Commission of Darien approved $5 million worth of two renovation projects for Tokeneke Club.
- Darien came in 21st in the MaxPreps Cup standings, which recognizes the best overall high school sports programs in the country.
- The Mather Community Center adjacent to Darien Town Hall has finally opened its doors after months of construction and is drawing fanfare from Darien seniors, including Nancy Francesconi.
- The YWCA Darien/Norwalk received a $3,000 grant from First County Bank for their Job Search Support Program. Proceeds from the grant will benefit the YWCA and its community outreach programs.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line